Provides leadership in the development, implementation and assessment of high quality dental services. Performs professional, high quality dental care, preventive care and restorative care to clients of all ages with maximum concern for client comfort and respect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs oral examinations using x-ray and other special equipment. Diagnoses and treats dental and oral disease. Performs restorations, extractions (non surgical), minimal Endo, some fixed and removable pros, prophylactic, and other dental work as indicated. Achieves productivity standards as determined by supervisor.
- Assists with overall operation of the dental clinic.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles, standard practice methods and techniques of general dentistry, preventive dentistry, and educational methodologies utilized in prevention.
- Performs dental operations and treats mouth diseases; refers clients per protocols; confers with physicians regarding medical/dental problems.
- Keeps clinical and other records regarding services provided, supplies and materials used.
- Uses all available resources for diagnosis and treatment in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Supervises the work of the dental hygienist and dental assistant
- Participates in development of dental policies, procedures, dental record and quality improvement plan.
- Participates in ensuring professional education for self to maintain the highest level of expertise.
- Maintains good relationships with other professionals within the community.
- Completes all other assigned projects and duties as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of general dentistry.
- Practice within scope of license and experience.
- Maintain infection control and safety guidelines.
- Maintain a friendly, respectful and professional environment for all client contacts.
- Maintain a cooperative, helpful work environment within the Clinic.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding UCHC, its clients and employees.
- Follow UCHC policies, procedures and guidelines.
One-year experience preferred, not required.
DDS or DMD. Graduate of accredited school of dentistry. Licensed to practice in Iowa.
Licensure to practice dentistry in the state of Iowa. BLS certification.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical/dental environment.
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting clients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions.
Courteous, friendly, compassionate, tactful, nonjudgmental and strong communication skills. Demonstrate ability to motivate and influence others, to obtain cooperation, and to work as a team member and leader. Bilingual (English-Spanish) desirable.
Using/operating dental equipment and machinery as appropriate.
*This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, expectations and working conditions may change as needs evolve.*
Applications will be taken until position is filled.[/mp_text] [/mp_span] [/mp_row]